Fathers Day weekend is around the corner and I have seen some fantastic menu ideas out there for dad. I am going to highlight a few great ones that I have seen and include links, so please take a moment and browse through more than just the post and take a look at all that these wonderful sites have to show you. The links are in red.
Whole Foods Market has a few stellar appetizers that would enhance any menu.
- 1 ( 4-ounce) package Sliced Smoked Salmon
- 1 (8-ounce) package neufchatel cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated horseradish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Pulse salmon in a food processor until chopped.
- Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add cheese, horseradish, tarragon, salt, lemon juice and zest to the same bowl of the food processor and process until smooth.
- Stir cheese mixture into chopped salmon until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
The Black Peppercorn is a site I love, I have mentioned Steve Cylka’s blog in a previous post and you will see me allude to it again in the future. He has a seven series post of rubs for grilling in the great outdoors. Pop in to his site for the recipes, the names of these tasty rubs are as follows;
- Island Spice Rub
- Sweet and Smokey Chipotle Rub
- Lemon Pepper Steak Rub
- Cafe Mocha Rub (my favorite)
- Curry in a Hurry Rub
- Ragin’ Cajun Rub
- Asian Five Spice Rub Facebook
There are so many more amazing recipes on her site, take your time and take some notes, because you might be there for quite a while. Facebook
Sip Northwest Magazine is a great and informative publication for those dad’s that like a great wine, an occasional brew and a well concocted cocktail. A subscription will keep him updated and informed on new trends, topics and events and is available in both print and digital editions. A great idea for those guys who have almost everything. Facebook
Now for a cocktail. Or two. These don’t have links, just a recipe. I have been asking some males friends, what they consider to be a “real” man drink. I received several duplicate answers. Beer, Jack and Coke, Seven and Seven etc….. I am going to break out of the box here and post a couple that are just a little “off” what I have been “advised” to write about and possibly get some new friends.
These two are simple cocktail for the whiskey lover, The Manhattan and The Godfather.
- Pour ingredients in to mixing glass with ice cubes
- Stir well
- Strain in to a martini glass
- 1 1/2 oz Scoth
- 1/2 oz Amaretto
- Build ingredients in an old fashioned glass with ice cubes
- Stir well.
The Daily Basics, Total Food Service, Edible Jersey, Voda, Foodista, Williams Sonoma, Modenus, ShakeStir, Tasting Panel, Daily Candy, Serious Eats, Wild River Review/Wild Table, Served Raw, Drinking in America, Drink Gal.com, Rambling Epicure, Taste For Travel, Saveur, Leaf Magazine, Tuthilltown Spirits, Royal Rose, Alchemia, Bitter End, Brown Forman, Jim Beam, Blackadder etc.
Visit Warren on Facebook and you will find links daily to introduce you to new concoctions and tasty creations.