Football weekend kicks off tomorrow and the menu planning and shopping is nearly finished. While some of the crew will be yanking brews out of the cooler, others are going to opt for different flavors.
Now to put the cocktail list together. Having pitchers of spirits on hand and available for guests to pour and sip is definitely the way to go if you want to spend your day cheering on your favorite team instead of tending bar. Also, it’s a great idea to leave a recipe card of each cocktail near the corresponding pitchers, when they empty someone is always willing to re-fill.
Yesterday’s post included a very tasty Pitcher of Bloody Mary’s, if you missed it, click –here-, today it is all about the Margarita. There are a few different options included, in the event you aren’t a fan of the traditional flavor.
- 2 cups tequila
- 1 cup triple sec
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup sweetened lime juice
- 3 cups ice
- kosher salt
- 8 lime wedges
- Combine the tequila, triple sec, fresh lime juice, sweetened lime juice, and ice in a large pitcher; stir.
- Pour the kosher salt onto a plate. Rub the rim of a glass with a lime wedge. Dip the rim of the glass into the salt; fill glass with margarita mixture; repeat for each serving.
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 large mango, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup Key lime juice
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup Cointreau or other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1/4 cup Simple Syrup
- Ice cubes
Combine first 6 ingredients in a blender, cover with lid, and process until smooth. Add ice to make 4 cups; process until smooth. On the rocks, add the ice to a pitcher and give it a vigorous stir.
TheKitchn has a fabulous recipe for a margarita made with strawberries with a bit of a twist. The shopping list is simple; frozen limeade concentrate, strawberries, basil leaves and tequila. Follow the link for Strawberry Basil Margaritas.
Raspberry Margarita Punch
- 2 cups frozen raspberries, thawed, pureed and seeded
- 1 large container frozen lemonade
- 1 quart water
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups tequila
- 3 lemons, sliced
In a food processor, blend raspberries with lemonade concentrate until smooth. Pass through a sieve to remove seeds. In a large bowl, combine raspberry mix with water, orange juice and tequila. Float sliced lemons in punch.