Saint Patrick’s Day Ideas; Cooking with Guinness
We have reached day two in our Week of Guinness in Honor of Saint Patrick, and we have some wicked deliciousness in today’s post.There is a bit of history in the original post from Day One, if you missed it, poke the link and give it a read.
Guinness and Dubliner Cheese Soup by One Upon a Cutting Board. Dubliner is a unique cheese consisting of a mature complex character with a sweet aftertaste. The delightful granular cheese is aged over a year and although it is named after the city of Dublin, it is manufactured by Carbery, located in County Cork, Republic of Ireland.
List of Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 rib of celery, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Guinness stout (or more for stronger flavour)
- 1 cup fat-free, low sodium chicken broth (beef broth would be a good substitute!)
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1/4 pound (or 1 cup loosely packed shredded) Dubliner cheese (or sharp cheddar cheese if desired)
- Salt and pepper
- For full recipe and method please visit OnceUponaCuttingBoard.com
Guinness Chocolate Trufflesby Guinness. Two of our favorites, chocolate and Guinness all wrapped up in one delectable bite.
List of Ingredients
- 1 kg dark chocolate, in small chunks ~ 2.20 pounds chocolate
- 400ml of cream ~ 1 3/4 cups cream
- 100ml Guinness ~ 3.38 ounces Guinness
- zest of 1 orange
- cocoa or coconut powder
- For full recipe and method, please visit Guinness.com
Black Velvet by BBC Good Food. This site is one that Your Home visits often, as the cuisine is excellent, the site is clean and easy to navigate. We were looking for something exquisitely concocted with Guinness and we simply could not resist this sinfully sparkling delight.
The list of ingredients is sheer perfection.
- For full recipe and method, please visit BBCGoodFood.com
You can find more delicious Saint Patrick’s Day recipes and ideas right here. If you are looking for something specific, please contact us and we will be happy to post it for you! Karie@YourHomewithKarieEngels.com We always look forward to hearing from you.
|Irish Saint Patrick’s Day Toast|
|Saint Patrick was a gentleman,
Who through strategy and stealth,
Drove all the snakes from Ireland,
Here’s a toasting to his health.
But not too many toastings
Lest you lose yourself and then
Forget the good Saint Patrick
And see all those snakes again.‘Beannachtam na Feile Padraig!’ Happy St. Patrick’s Day!