Cold weather is here and it’s time to create cuisine to warm the bones.
Set the fire, light a candle and pour a glass of wine. It’s time to create an evening meal. This recipe features a delightful combination of Oil & Vinegar’s Pomegranate Sour and a blend of Mediterranean spices. This savory stew is perfect for curling up next to the fireplace on chilly winter nights.
Serve with crusty bread and a green salad for a quick and delicious weeknight meal.
Pomegranate Sweet & Sour Chicken Tagine
This recipe blends Oil & Vinegar’s Pomegranate Sour with an array of spices for a simple and delectable stew. Serves 4.
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken leg with thigh, approximately 2 lbs
- 2 lb carrots, peeled and cut into 1 in pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup of broth, chicken or vegetable
- ¼ cup Pomegranate Sour
- ¼ cup Pomodori Sunpomo Dried Tomates
- 2 tablespoons Blood Orange Grapeseed Oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
1. In a tagine or dutch oven, heat grapeseed oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Nestle chicken, skin side down in tagine or dutch oven and sear until pieces release from the pan when lifted with tongs and skin is golden brown. Sear second side in the same fashion. Transfer to plate.
2. Add onions, cooking until onions sweat 2-3 minutes. Add garlic, cinnamon, coriander, cardamom and turmeric and cook for 2 minutes. Add carrots and tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in broth and Pomegranate Sour. Place chicken, skin side up over carrots and tomatoes, pouring juices that accumulated on plate into pot.
4. Cover. Cook until internal temperature of thickest part of chicken registers 165 degrees, 35 to 45 minutes.