Now that autumn has arrived, we are changing colors and scents inside our home to coordinate with Mother Nature’s canvas outdoors. Warmer colors, spicier scents and rougher textures dominate the décor and our choice in foods follow the same pattern.
Prepping the kitchen for cozy fall dishes, means heavier, heartier flavors and Gaea’s Creamy Pumpkin Soup will be on our dinner table this autumn season. Gaea’s recipe is loaded with vegetables which makes it both a delicious and healthy way to stay warm as winter approaches.
Gaea’s Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- 4 cups pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup yellow onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery with stem, chopped
- 6 to 7 tablespoons Gaea Sitia Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese (or hard cheese)
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- Place the chopped pumpkin, zucchini, onions and celery in a large soup pot and add the vegetable stock until at least half the vegetables are covered.
- Bring the broth to a boil then let simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the soup cool to room temperature before pureeing vegetable and broth in a blender.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the pureed mixture and return the soup to the pot and let simmer for 15 minutes before serving in individual soup bowls.
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the pumpkin seeds, crumbled cheese, and ginger.
The P.D.O. region of SITIA in eastern Crete is one of the most celebrated olive oil producing territories in the world. Since the Minoan era, almost 5000 ago, the extended sunshine, the mountainous grounds and rich soils of Crete, have provided a unique microclimate for the cultivation of olive trees. Obtained directly from handpicked renowned “Koroneiki” variety olives, this cold extracted superior category olive oil carries the unique combination of a harmonious taste with a fruity & slightly peppery aroma (MSRP $12.99) www.gaeaus.com