Recipe from our Holiday Entertaining issue | December 2017
We loved this recipe so much we wanted to share it with the all of our readers! This appetizer is gorgeous in presentation and your guests will love the flavor combinations.
This is a simple recipe with plenty of room for improvisation. Pictured, we presented the salmon and cream over rye bread, however you can easily nix the bread and serve as a spread with crisps or crackers.
However you choose to present, it’s delicious. Enjoy!
A couple of tips
Before creating your spread, taste the salmon you have chosen, as some is packaged with more salt than others. Adjust your salt accordingly.
Drain your salmon of any oil or liquid before adding to your spread.
Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese, Dill & Horseradish on Rye Bread
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 1 Tablespoon prepared horseradish
- ½ teaspoon salt, we use LaBaleine Salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, minced
- Using an electric mixer, cream the cheese until smooth. Add sour cream, lemon juice, dill, horseradish, salt, pepper and mix. Add smoked salmon and mix well. Chill and serve.
*Note: To save time prepare, cover and chill overnight.
- Use a small cookie cutter to create the shape you desire for bread. We used a rye bread cut into small rounds, however feel free to create the flavor, color and shape of your choice as your base.