“Life was just a tire swing. ‘Jambalaya’ was the only song I could sing. Blackberry pickin’, eatin’ fried chicken, And I never knew a thing about pain. Life was just a tire swing.”
~ Jimmy Buffett
The plump, juicy blackberry and a hot summer day are perfect companions. After spending the day elbow deep in stickers to fill buckets, cold delicious popsicles made with the days’ bounty is the ultimate reward.
The tea experts at Choice Organic Teas have shared their deliciously simple three ingredient popsicles with us and we couldn’t wait to give these a whirl. Since blackberries grow wild and abundantly in the Northwest, all we had to do to fill our ingredients list, was step outdoors.
blackberry green tea popsicles
Makes approx 10 popsicles, depending on the size of your molds
- popsicle molds or small cups
- popsicle sticks
- 3 bags Japanese Green Tea
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups blackberries
- 3/4 cup honey
What to do
- Steap tea bags in 180 degree water for 4 minutes. Remove tea bags and discard.
- Cool tea completely. Using blender, blend tea, berries and honey until liquified. Strain out seeds.
- Pour into molds, add sticks and place in freezer until solid.
- Remove from molds and enjoy!
Note: follow the manufacturers instructions included with molds for mold preparation and popsicle removal.
Recipe graciously provided by Choice Organic Teas