The recipe below is quick, simple and can be prepped a day ahead and chilled overnight. It’s perfect in an artisan roll or tossed with tomatoes and wrapped snugly in a tortilla. Pair with an ice-cold brew and enjoy!
espresso rub steak with horseradish cream sauce
espresso rub ingredients
Makes 2 1-1/2 pound steaks
- 1/4 cup finely ground coffee or espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Mix all ingredients well and rub on steaks. Cover or place in zippy bag and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Place steaks on grill over medium-high heat. Cover grill and cook 4 to 6 minute each side depending on thickness and desired doneness. Cut steaks into slices and season to taste with salt.
horseradish cream sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2/3 cup, 5 ounces prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
In medium bowl whisk heavy cream until it starts to hold a line when you drag the whisk through it. Gently fold in crème fraîche or sour cream, horseradish, chives, and salt. Season with pepper and additional salt to taste.
Thank you for visiting basil & salt! We look forward to bringing you great content for gardening, parenting, health and beauty and of course, delicious recipes.
Look for our newest addition, Martinis & Mocktails, debuting on Blog Talk Radio Live!, in April, 2020. Stay tuned! Literally.
As always, I am raising a glass to you. Karie
Karie Engels is an author and founder and publisher of Basil & Salt Magazine. She enjoys a quiet life in a small farmhouse in Washington state with her quarrelsome cat, Pippin.