“August rain: the best of the summer gone, and the new fall not yet born. The odd uneven time.”
With autumn on the horizon, we begin to change colors and scents inside our homes to coordinate with Mother Nature’s canvas outdoors.
Warmer colors, spicier scents and rougher textures dominate our décor choices and our selection in foods follow the same pattern.
Prepping the kitchen for cozy fall dishes, means heavier, heartier flavors and Gaea’s Creamy Pumpkin Soup will be on our dinner table this fall season. Gaea’s recipe is loaded with vegetables which makes it both a delicious and healthy way to stay warm as temperatures drop.
Gaea’s Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- 4 cups pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup yellow onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery with stem, chopped
- 6 to 7 tablespoons Gaea Sitia Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese (or hard cheese)
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- Place the chopped pumpkin, zucchini, onions and celery in a large soup pot and add the vegetable stock until at least half the vegetables are covered.
- Bring the broth to a boil then let simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the soup cool to room temperature before pureeing vegetable and broth in a blender.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the pureed mixture and return the soup to the pot and let simmer for 15 minutes before serving in individual soup bowls.
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the pumpkin seeds, crumbled cheese, and ginger.
Are you ready for our recipes in printed, glossy color? Subscribe and receive 12 issues direct to your mailbox, beginning with our September issue. $22.99 | year.