These little sweet treats are fun for the whole family to make. Let each little ghoulie customize their own!
ghostly meringue boos
Makes 20 to 24 whimsical little boos
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup superfine sugar (or 1 cup gran sugar spun in food processor)
- 2 each chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla on medium speed until thick and foamy.
- Add sugar, a tablespoon at a time until thick, shiny and stiff peaks form, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer meringue to piping bag with 1/2″ plain tip and pipe ghosts on your parchment paper.
- Bake 1.5 hours, until firm and dry to the touch.
- Leaving your little boos inside, close the door and turn off oven. Let the meringues set inside the oven for a few hours or even overnight, as they need to dry all the way through.
- When your ghosties are ready, melt the chocolate chips and dip a toothpick in the melted chocolate for eyes, nose and mouth. Or pipe faces with icing.
Are you ready for our recipes in printed, glossy color? Subscribe and receive 12 issues, a year subscription mailed direct to your mailbox, at the introductory pricee of $22.99.