Friends and family will love these elegant little holiday gems.
When piping, try and leave a small area or divet to cradle to the cranberries.
you can find our sugared cranberries recipe here.
meringues with sugared cranberries
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons clear vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- dash of salt
- Place egg whites in a medium bowl and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Add vanilla, cream of tartar and salt to egg whites and beat at medium speed until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form, about 7 minutes.
- Pipe meringue (we use #32 star tip) about 1 1/4″ diameter, 2″ apart on parchment and bake for 40 – 45 minutes until firm to touch. Turn off the oven, leaving the meringues inside with the door closed for about an hour. Cool completely in oven to ensure crispness.
- Garnish with berries and greenery just before serving.
You can make meringues a day ahead and store in an airtight container.