Delicious on its own as a side, or tossed with grilled chicken and wrapped in a tortilla.
TOMATO CORN, TOMATO AND AVOCADO SALAD
- 2 ears fresh Dandy® Super Sweet Corn, husked
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large Hass avocado, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves, chopped
- Prepare your Weber® grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
- Brush the corn all over with oil and lightly season with salt. Grill over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until browned in spots and tender, 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from the grill. When the corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the cobs into a large bowl.
- Whisk 3 tablespoons oil, the lime juice, cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Set the dressing aside.
- To the bowl with the corn, add the avocado, tomatoes, onion, and parsley. Pour the dressing on top. Toss gently to combine and season with more salt and pepper, if desired. Serve immediately
Recipe from Weber’s New Real Grilling™ by Jamie Purviance. Used with permission