The holidays are a busy time and with company coming in from out of town, feeding a hungry crowd is priority.
The morning after is just as busy a time as the festive holiday dinner and a hearty, delicious breakfast is a must when it comes to treating family and out of town friends.
The ingredients list is simple and more than likely you will have all of these items on hand to create a delicious brunch dish during the holiday season.
Crockpot Eggnog French Toast with Maple Creme Syrup
- 1 (18 ounce) French bread loaf
- 8 Lucerne™ eggs
- 2 1/2 cups Lucerne™ Light Eggnog, divided
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cup maple syrup, divided
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
1. Line a crockpot with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray. Cut bread into cubes and place in crockpot.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs. Add 2 1/4 cups eggnog, salt, cinnamon, vanilla and 1/2 cup maple syrup, whisking well. Pour mixture over bread cubes.
3. Cover, turn on low for 4 hours. Remove lid and sprinkle in pecans. Scoop on plates and drizzle top with Maple Creme Syrup.
4. In a microwavable bowl or mug, pour maple syrup. Microwave for 1 minute. Whisk in 1/4 cup eggnog
Jeff Anderson, Executive Chef at Albertsons and Safeway stores graciously gave us permission to publish this recipe.