Curious about where your iPhone is made and why? Take a look.
iOS 8, the biggest iOS release ever, was made available to consumers last night, and downloaded on iPhone’s around the globe.Visually, it looks a lot like the iOS 7, and because of this, you may miss some important and useful features. ( Read A Guide to What’s Great in iOS 8 / Forbes.com )
Tomorrow, you will be able to walk in to an Apple store and purchase the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus, it’s a huge week for Apple and all of it’s customer’s. ( read Apple’s iPhone 6 release date timeline ) If your are curious about the structure of production and the iPhone 6 manufacturing process take a look at this info graphic and note the following interesting facts provided by Alex Hillsberg of CompareCamp.com and FinancesOnline.com
- Foxconn employees are now slowly being replaced by Foxbot robots
- While iPhone 6 is mainly assembled in China, Apple supports almost 600k jobs in the US
- iPhone production is so huge that it can affect the economies of Japan and China
- If Apple brought iPhone manufacturing to the US it would cost them $4.2 billion
- Apple has a Supplier Responsibility Program that improves the working conditions in Chinese factories