What’s on your list for mom this year? Whisking her away to San Francisco for Mother’s Day weekend would be an exquisite gift of adventure. The weather for May averages around the high 60’s with partly cloudy skies, which is perfect weather for spring. A weekend of site seeing, shopping and dining is on the docket and a delicious and relaxing brunch at Baker & Banker, would be the icing on the cake.
Baker & Banker Restaurant, located in the historic San Francisco neighborhood of Pacific Heights and housed in a former Victorian apothecary, is excited to offer an epicurean à la carte Mother’s Day brunch menu on Sunday May 20, 2014, from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The seasonally prepared dishes were created by award-winning Chef Jeff Banker to honor his wife and mother of their two sons Lori Baker, Baker & Banker’s co-owner and pastry chef. In turn, Pastry Chef Baker will be serving a Mother’s Day treat for dining moms—her famous Cinnamon and Sticky Buns.
The starters include:
- Oyster Shooter Bloody Mary, Soju, Horseradish-Celery Salt 9
- Banana Fritters, Bourbon Caramel sauce, Salted Pecan Brittle 9
- Lori’s Famous Cinnamon Bun or Sticky Bun 10
- Hamada Farm Citrus Fromage Blanc, House-made Gingersnaps, Black Pepper Honey 12
Main Course Selections:
- Strawberry Shortcake French Toast, Dirty Girl Strawberries, Whipped Cream, Glazed Shortbread Crumble 15
- Smoked Trout Salad, Spring Vegetables, Caviar Crème Fraiche, Pickled Quail Eggs, Fennel Seed Flatbread 17
- Cajun Eggs Benedict, House-made Tasso Ham, Tabasco Hollandaise, Slow-cooked Greens, Griddled English Muffin Bread 16
- Lobster Omelet with Charred Asparagus, Meyer Lemon Scented Mascarpone, Fresh Herbs 22
- Beef Cheek Hash with Soft Scrambled Eggs, Mushrooms, Leeks, Swiss chard and Salsa Verde 17
- Farm Eggs in Purgatory Tomato Sauce, Calabrian Chilies, Brown Butter Polenta, House-made Sausage 16
- Braised Duck Pappardelle, English Peas, Trumpet Mushrooms, Roasted Ricotta Salata 19 House
- Ground Shmitz Ranch Burger 18
Soon to be celebrating their fifth anniversary, Baker & Banker Restaurant is located at 1701 Octavia Street (corner of Bank), San Francisco, California, 94109. Phone number is (415) 351 – 2500. Website: Reservations can be made by calling the restaurant or booking through OpenTable.com.
About Baker & Banker Restaurant:
In December 2009, husband and wife team, Lori Baker and Jeff Banker, opened the doors to their Pacific Heights award-winning establishment. The dining room, decorated with caramel colored walls and leather banquettes, sits in a historic turn of the century Victorian that once served as an apothecary. Chef Jeff Banker prepares seasonally driven New American cuisine that utilizes produce and meats hand-selected from local Northern California farms. Pastry Chef Lori Baker turns out artisan, hand-crafted breads and sophisticated versions of classic American Desserts. The wine list, overseen by Sommelier Mark Thompson has been carefully chosen to maximize the diners experience with a mix of Old and New World labels.
If you are considering a weekend getaway for mom: Lower Pacific Heights area hotels