April is all things Culinary in Leavenworth and food lovers are already making their way in to the picturesque small town nestled in the Cascade Mountains. Recently listed as one of the 30 most beautiful small towns on the planet (Distractify), visually, this little gem is pure eye candy, but visitors might wonder: Does Leavenworth taste as good as it looks? Absolutely! This tiny town – geared to travelers and outdoor enthusiasts, with the richest soil for growing an amazing variety of apples, peaches, cherries, plums, and pear – packs a gustatory wallop!
In fact, the Leavenworth region exports one of the largest organic pear harvests in the world! To celebrate this pear-iffic achievement, the village turns culinary in April with a month-long prost to the pear. Follow the pear-map of town to restaurants, stores, wineries and B&B’s offering foods and gifts that highlight all things pear.
Never to be missed is the very delicious signature “Taste Leavenworth” event, taking place April 11-12. Food fans make their way through town with a passport of coupons for pear-inspired, house-made, and/or locally-sourced delights all over town!
Taste Leavenworth Passports cost is $25/person prior to event day and $30/person, kids passports are $5.00. Visit their website to purchase your passports now!
April in Leavenworth is a month filled with the tastes, sounds and outdoor fun you need, on the sunny side of the Cascade Mountains. Sample Spring in Leavenworth this April and you’ll go home singing their praises. Or maybe yodeling them. Click on www.leavenworth.org for more information.
More Sensational April Events
- April 1 – Brewers Dinner at Fresh Burger Café with Icicle Brewing Company
- April 3 & 10 – Spring Paring Wine Dinners at the Kingfisher Restaurant at Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort
- April 3-5, 10-12, 17-19, 25-26 – Weekend Wine Flights Around the World at Vino Prost
- April 4 – Cascade Farmlands Association Easter Egg Hunt at Smallwood’s Harvest
- April 5 – Easter Brunch at the Kingfisher Restaurant at Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort
- April 5 – Easter Egg Hunt at Enchantment Park
- April 7 – Fall Succession Planning Class at the Wenatchee River Institute at Barn Beach Reserve
- April 11-12 – Taste Leavenworth: A culinary crawl through town!
- April 11- Fresh Pantry author Amy Pennington book signing, recipe samples, and prize drawing at A Book for All Seasons
- April 17 – Mountain Springs Lodge…Uncorked! 4 Course Winemaker’s Dinner with Plain Cellars Winery
- April 17-18 – Leavenworth Ale-Fest at the Festhalle
- April 23 – Alpine Spa Open House with Pear-Inspired Appetizers Paired with Local Wines
- April 24 – JJ Hills 7-Course Winemaker Dinner with Napequa Vintners
- April 25 – Breakfast and the Met Live in HD at the Kingfisher Restaurant & Snowy Owl Theater
- April 19 – Earth Day Community Fair at Lion’s Club Park
- April 30 – FED UP Film Screening at Snowy Owl Theater