Culinary Corner: Annebel Langbein’s Simple Pleasures
Annabel Langbein, New Zealand’s Top Celebrity Chef released her new cook book, Simple Pleasures in October of last year. Simple Pleasures is the accompanying book to her TV Series which is debuted the same month across the country. Through her new book, we now have the opportunity to get to know one of New Zealand’s top Celebrity Chef’s whose style of cooking encompasses her passion of using fresh seasonal ingredients to create simple but delicious meals while bringing the beautiful New Zealand countryside to the states.
The recipes are dazzling in their simplicity, utilizing so many fresh ingredients they inspired me to update my culinary notebook and redesign my garden blueprint for summer and fall meals.
Stunning photos of the beautiful New Zealand countryside give us a deeper look into the ingredients and with the addition of Scannable QR codes on many recipes that, when scanned with a smart phone, another level is added taking us to an interactive video of Annabel creating the recipe or sharing her tips and techniques.
Annabel Langbein: The Free Range Cook – Simple Pleasures is all about using fresh seasonal ingredients sourced from Annabel’s own gardens or sourced from local growers. This cook book is full of exciting topics including: A Harvest Celebration, A French Toast, A Warming Winter Dinner, Make-Ahead Meal, The Ultimate Summer Barbecue, Tex-Mex Autumn Menu, A Seaside Cook-Up, Mediterranean Flavours, Cooking for a Crowd, The Perfect Roast Dinner, Dinner in Minutes and Pulling out the Stops.
- Annabel has self-published 19 cookbooks which have sold more than two million copies throughout Europe, North America and Australasia.
- Launched in October, Annabel’s latest cookbook “Simple Pleasures”, is the perfect accompaniment to her second season cooking series.
- Annabel Langbein: The Free Range Cook – Simple Pleasures is the second season of Annabel’s cooking show. The first season The Free Range Cook and the third season Through the Seasons were broadcast in New Zealand.
- Get to know Annabel!
- Links to Season 2 as aired in New Zealand
- Available on Amazon.com $24.95