Mouthwatering and delicious, the aroma alone will hook your senses
Note: As one of our most viewed posts, I updated this post (original, October 2011), so that it presents well as the platform updates.
Smoked Chicken Cordon Bleu
Smoker Temp: 250 degrees
Cook Time: 2.5 hours
Smoke Time: 2.5 hours
Note: We used Special Blend Bisquettes
- 6 halves boneless chicken breasts – fillet in half
- 12 slices Provolone cheese
- 12 slices ham
- 30 slices non-smoked bacon
- 24 – 30 toothpicks
- Flatten each breast thin, careful not to tear.
- Lay out four slices of bacon, vertical ~ lay your fifth horizontal, across, right on top of the four directly in the middle.
- Lay out the first breast on top of the bacon, add one slice of ham, on top of that add one slice of cheese, repeat with the ham and cheese, and the other half of breast on top.
- Beginning at one end…roll it all up together, and secure the bacon into the chicken with the toothpicks, making sure the toothpicks are into the chicken very secure. Transfer to smoker rack.
- When all six are made…pop them into your smoker for two and half hours, and let your mouth just water while the aroma wafts over the entire neighborhood. Your neighbor’s mouths are watering as well, they may wander over to see what’s on the menu. Don’t tell them, make them guess ~ be the neighborhood tease.
- We had the smoke running for the full two and half hours and the bacon really seemed to absorb a lot. One of the tweaks we will be making is having the smoke run for a less amount of time ~ perhaps just two hours.
Each serving is absolutely huge and full of flavor. I found that removing most of the bacon was the best way to eat it as the bacon had absorbed quite a bit of the smoke. The combination of the smoke and bacon gave the chicken an unbelievable flavor. Yes, we will definitely do this one again.
Get your Grill on! These flavorful burgers will be the…Keep reading
How to Make Perfectly Spiced Steak Fajitas in Minutes Enjoy…Keep reading