Tips For Healthy Summertime Skin And Hair
– Protect your lips. The summer sun can dry out and cause damage to delicate lip tissue, so use an all natural lip balm with an SPF of 15 or higher.
– Take a cold shower. After a hot day in the sun, a hot shower will enhance the effects of dry skin. Take a cold shower to lower the temperature in your skin and reduce acne breakouts.
– Drink some red wine. Treat yourself to a glass of red wine before spending time in the sun. Studies suggest that the flavonoids found in the skin of red grapes may reduce the sun’s ability to destroy skin cells. Not only does wine taste yummy, but it also has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.
– Use mineral makeup. Sunscreen is your skin’s first line of defense against harmful UVA rays, but also use all natural mineral makeup for light coverage and an SPF protection of 30-50.
– Wear a wide-brimmed hat. Protect your skin and hair from the sun’s damaging rays by wearing a wide-brimmed hat. The hat will also protect your scalp and prevent sunburn.
– Exfoliate away the dry skin. Everyone wants to have soft, supple skin in the summer, so use a sugar or salt scrub to rub away unwanted dry skin. Homemade scrubs are inexpensive and can be made from sugar or salt, olive oil, lemon juice, and your favorite essential oils. Pay close attention to the knees and elbows.
– Dine on melons. Beautiful summer skin comes from within. Eat a lot of cantaloupe and watermelon, as they are filled with antioxidants and will help hydrate the skin. Enjoy radiant summer skin by eating a healthy diet.
– Even out your skin tone. Use fresh strawberries to freshen up your skin tone. Cut large strawberries in half, squeeze them to release the juices, and rub them in circular motions over your face. Leave on your face for 2 – 3 minutes, then rinse. Consistent use will brighten sun and age spots to give you a more even skin tone.
– Protect your hair before swimming. Wet hair will absorb fewer chemicals like chlorine than dry hair. Also keep hair braided or pinned up to prevent unruly tangles. Avoid a tight bun, as wet hair is susceptible to breakage when it is pulled.
It’s time to gear up for exciting outdoor summer excursions, but it is also important to prepare your hair and skin for all of the extra sun exposure. In addition to taking measures to protect against the sun, freshen up your skin and celebrate the season with sweet and tropical scented body essentials. PlumHill is an all-natural skin care line that’ll take your skin from dry and chapped to fresh, glowing, and silky smooth! From bath and body products to gift sets and lip balms, PlumHill is the perfect choice for those wanting to bring a natural, paraben-free line of products into their skincare regimen.
BATH & BODY
Cleansing Hand & Body Wash – Feel Clean, Revitalized, And Moisturized
Ultra mild and enriched with moisturizing botanicals, PlumHill’s Nourishing Body Wash creates a rich, cleansing lather that refreshes and hydrates your skin. A great beginning or end to any day, the body wash will leave your skin scented with just a hint of delightful fragrance.
Exfoliating Sugar Body Scrub – Release Your Skin’s Vitality
For soft, smooth, and radiant skin, include PlumHill’s Sugar Body Scrub in your daily shower or bath ritual. Repeated use will brighten the skin and enhance circulation. It also makes a great after-shave scrub for men!
Nourishing Body Creme – Deep Hydration for Your Skin
PlumHill’s Nourishing Body Creme will replenish every inch of your body by soothing and feeding sensitive, mature, and very dry skin. The specially mild formulation can be used as a rich night creme, a nutritious treat for the eyes, or as a head-to-toe moisturizer. Made with natural olive oil, olive butter, organic aloe juice, and Vitamin E, this antioxidant-rich body creme will help fight the signs of aging.
Bath & Body Oil – The Ultimate Moisturizer
PlumHill’s famous Body Oil is a nationwide favorite. Made with sweet almond oil, apricot oil, kukoi oil, and Vitamin E, this natural moisturizer will nourish and protect even the driest skin. Massage a few drops onto damp skin after a shower or add a small amount to your warm bath for all-day protection.
PLUMHILL’S ENCHANTING SCENTS
Asian Pear & Lily
A Sweet blend of Nashi Pear and Apple with soft notes of Lily of the Valley, Rose petals, and Jasmine. Base notes include Pear nectar, musk, and Peony blossoms
Coconut Lime: This delightfully fresh coconut-lime fragrance will whisk your mind away to the tropics.
Cranberry Orange: A customer favorite, this tart and delightfully unique cranberry orange scent will clear your mind.
Island Woods: Perfect for men and women, this light and clean scent features blends of jasmine, sandalwood, and bergamot.
Winter Vanilla: This warm and delicious Winter Vanilla scent will envelope you in a cloud of sheer delight. Vanilla is known for its soothing effect on the body and mind, so go ahead treat yourself.
On the move? Don’t forget to bring along one of PlumHill’s travel sets of pure body essentials wherever you go this summer! They make the perfect companion for your beach bag or carry-on for your summer getaway. Each travel set ($19) includes a 2oz Sugar Body Scrub, 2oz Body Oil, 2oz Hand and Body Wash, and a .15oz Lip Balm.
LUSCIOUS LIP BALM
PlumHill lip balms were created to soothe your dry, cracked, and chapped lips while protecting them from the elements. Featuring organic moisturizers and SPF 15 sun protection, these lip balms will keep your lips hydrated and happy all day long. Available in 6 delicious flavours — Spearmint, Vanilla, Mango, Wildberry, Pomegranate, and Cranberry Orange — there’s something for everyone! Click on the slideshow below to see what is available for your summer regimen.
You will also love the combo sets available from PlumHill! They are sure to be an instant favorite for any at-home spa.
About Jeanne Kissman
Jeanne Kissman is a skin care expert and the founder of Plum Hill Pure Body Essentials. Plum Hill Body Essentials features all natural body care products that are good for your skin and good for the planet. Created to combat the effects of dry skin, you’ll find that Plum Hill nourishes your skin with very special ingredients such as sweet almond oil, shea butter, kukui nut oil, and pure cane sugar that are all natural, paraben-free, and never tested on animals.