HGTV, Food Network and other fan favorites take to the skies with Delta
Launched on January 1st, 2017 as part of Delta Studio’s industry-leading in-flight entertainment collection, content from HGTV and Food Network is now available free of charge to all Delta customers on two-class aircraft.Travel Channel content will also be available this spring. Using the convenient seatback touchscreen system or the Gogo Entertainment in-flight streaming app available on iOS or Android devices, Delta passengers can supplement their drinks and snacks with episodes of Fixer Upper, Chopped, Property Brothers, Kids Baking Championship and more.
We’ve all felt that strange feeling after switching a phone to airplane mode before takeoff, but this exciting new partnership means HGTV and Food Network fans will never be disconnected from their favorite home and food content when they travel with Delta.
Delta customers will soon take flight with HGTV’s dynamic — and identical-twin — home renovation duo the Scott brothers and everyone’s favorite mischievous monkey, Curious George. Exciting new content is making its debut on Delta Studio, including selections from Refinery29, Disney XD, Hulu and Food Network.
Here is the full list of the airline’s new in-flight entertainment partners:
- Hulu – Catch up on current-season episodes of original premium series, including The Mindy Project and the Emmy-nominated East Los High. Coming later in 2017 will be the can’t-miss TV event 11.22.63from J.J. Abrams and Stephen King, the Golden Globe-nominated comedy series Casual, the critically-acclaimed comedy series Difficult Peopleand the compelling drama series The Path.
- Refinery29 – This curated selection of original series features a variety of trusted and relatable personalities and runs the gamut of women’s interests, including lifestyle, fashion, comedy, sports, and more. From living on a budget in NYC with Try Living with Lucie to exploring Tokyo’s Harajuku fashion subculture with Style Out There to makeup tutorials and style tips with Dear LA with Jenn Im, Refinery29 inspires women to pursue a more independent, stylish and informed life.
- WNYC Studios – Listen to podcast episodes from WNYC Studios including Radiolab,Freakonomics Radio, Here’s the Thing with Alec Baldwin and Snap Judgment.
- Every Day Networks – Every Day Networks serves intersecting communities of people with a passion for travel, entrepreneurship and sports. Check out Fuel TV for action sports, Business Rockstars for startup and entrepreneurial advice and PlanesTrains+Automobiles for global travel and lifestyle content.
- Disney XD’s Star Wars Rebels – Set between the events of Star Wars Episodes III and IV, Star Wars Rebels continues the epic tradition of the Star Wars saga with action-packed animated adventures featuring the crew of the starship Ghost. Season 2 and the first four episodes of Season 3 are currently available.
- Curious George & Curious World – Delta has partnered with global learning company Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and NBC Universal to bring Curious George to young passengers and their families, along with several original STEM-themed series from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt’s early learning content service, Curious World. The series include A Rhino Named Paul, Let’s Go To Work and Superpower Heroes. Each episode contains lessons in science, math, engineering and technology with proven impact supporting STEM curriculum.
- Food Network – Fill up on all your foodie favorites, including Chopped and Kids Baking Championship.
- HGTV – Get home design, decorating and remodeling ideas with hit shows like Property Brothers, Fixer Upper and Flip or Flop.
- Headspace – Headspace offers guided and unguided meditations, animations and videos teaching users the skills of meditation and mindfulness. Tune into a variety of content geared towards air travel, including ways to help calm anxious fliers and conquer jet lag.
- HowStuffWorks’ Stuff You Should Know
- CNN’s Great Big Story
- Defy Media/original series from SMOSH, ScreenJunkies and Clevver
- The Harlem Globetrotters
Content provided by HGTV and Delta Airlines.