It’s grilling season and fresh veggies are on the menu!
I love tossing fresh vegetables on the grill and the one thing I really like about this recipe is that everyone can accessorize their own ear(s) of corn exactly how they want it.
Place the condiments around the corn; crema mixture, chopped peppers, extra lime, extra ground chipotle and other peppers, cheese or cheeses and cilantro. Let everyone dress their corn in their favorite flavors.
Elote (Grilled Mexican Street Corn)
- 6 to 8 medium ears sweet corn, husked (We love Dandy® corn)
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema, or sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp ground chipotle pepper, to taste
- 2 tsps. finely grated lime zest
- 2 Tbsps. lime juice
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- Lime wedges
- Heat a gas or charcoal grill to 400F
- In a bowl, whisk together the crema, mayonnaise, cilantro, garlic, chipotle pepper, lime zest and lime juice. Salt to taste and set aside.
- Place the husked corn directly onto grill and cook on each side for about 3 minutes. Keep your eye on it so it doesn’t char too much. When it has the look you love, remove the corn from the grill and add to plate.
It’s time to top the corn
Using a brush or a spoon, coat each ear of corn with the crema mixture. Sprinkle with crumbled Cotija cheese. Sprinkle with additional chipotle pepper, if desired.
Pouring Over the Numbers: How Your State Stacks Up in…Keep reading
Embrace the essence of autumn with our Lattice Top Rustic…Keep reading