Friends and family have a fabulous habit of stopping by unannounced this time of year and it’s important to have a few ingredients in your refrigerator and pantry for these delightfully festive occasions.
Pita chips in the pantry, fruits, vegetables, meats and cheeses chilling are all you need to create a couple of delicious plates of finger foods. Pair these with a bottle of bubbly or cocktails and you have all the ingredients for a successful impromptu gathering
Strawberry Mascarpone Dip
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Yields: 2 ½ cups of dip
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 Tablespoon Grand Marnier
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- 3 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- Beat mascarpone with ricotta, maple syrup, and Grand Marnier in large bowl with electric mixer until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Spoon mascarpone mixture into serving bowl. Top with strawberries and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve with New York Style Pita chips.
Pairs best with: New York Style Ancient Grains & Flaxseed, Chia Seeds & Quinoa or Sea Salt Pita Chip.
Butternut Squash Bruschetta Dip
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 8 minutes Yields: 3 cups of dip
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups diced butternut squash
- ½ cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries
- 2 ounces prosciutto
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add squash and cook 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until squash is tender-crisp.
- Stir in cranberries and prosciutto. Cook 2 minutes or till squash is tender. Remove from heat, let cool; stir in blue cheese and sage.
Best Paired with: New York Style Pita Chips
New York Style Pita Chips, which are available in six flavors, are not just tasty but are also twice baked and never fried, and provide more crunch with less mess. They’re the chip to dip! Flavors include:
- New York Style Ancient Grains & Flaxseed Pita Chips (NEW)
- New York Style Chia Seeds & Quinoa Pita Chips (NEW)
- New York Style Sea Salt Pita Chips
- New York Style Parmesan Garlic & Herb Pita Chips
- New York Style Red Hot Chili Pepper Pita Chips
- New York Style Garden Fresh Ranch Pita Chips