With the hustle and bustle of the holiday season upon us, it’s easy for home to become a revolving door of friends and family. Luckily, Pinterest superstar Alex Evjen has developed 5 tips for styling a cozy home during the holidays:
- PLENTY OF THROWS. Soft fuzzy textures automatically bring a the level of cozy up 100%. Try layering a mixture of faux fur and knit throws. You can drape them across your sofa or fold them up in a basket by the fireplace. NOTE: Try not to make the blankets look too perfect. You want to make a lived-in feeling, so let the ends of the blankets drape over the basket and let wrinkles lay where they may.
- KNIT PILLOWS. Though my husband doesn’t always love a ton of throw pillows on a couch they sure do make a space more full and inviting. You can also lay some on the floor by the fireplace to create an invitation to come, sit and stay awhile too. You can find this Vintage Coca-Cola Graphic pillow here, part of the Coca-Cola homewares collection.
- CANDLES. There’s nothing like the warmth of candlelight. Placing candles throughout your home is always a great way to make someone feel at home.
- BRING THE OUTDOORS IN. Fresh pine, evergreen and burning firewood -those are the smells of winter. Bring those comforting scents indoors by placing fresh evergreen and pine in vases.
- STICK WITH WARM, NEUTRAL COLORS. A lot of color can be fun, but not all colors make you feel relaxed. In fact, color theory suggests that red, yellow and orange tones can make people feel more energetic. Of course, around the holidays we want to have some red in the mix, so try to use it as an accent to brown, ivory and gray.