McMenamins 16th Annual Celebration of Syrah
McMenamins Celebration of Syrah is happening again this weekend.
This two-day revelry is a great opportunity for folks that don’t know much about Syrah to sample their way through the region’s finest. Also, for McMenamins Passport holders, it’s a chance to get that experience stamp! More info online here.
On Friday and Saturday, April 7 & 8, 2017, McMenamins Edgefield Winery will hold its 16th Annual Celebration of Syrah, a two-day revelry of wine, food and fun. The 74-acre Edgefield property will host winemakers from the Pacific Northwest and beyond who will showcase their best Syrahs throughout the weekend. Syrahs are bold inky-colored reds, made from a grape originated in France’s Rhone Valley.
- Pre-dinner gathering that pairs Rhone-style white wines with hors d’oeuvres
- Elegant dinner feast prepared by Black Rabbit Executive Chef Chris Rattaro
Dine with winemakers from Pepper Bridge, Quady North, McCrea Cellars, Bunnell Family Cellars, Ad Lucem and our own Edgefield Winery
- Five-course French lunch, paired with the other grapes from the Rhone region of France
- Dine at Little Red Shed Fir Grove
- Taste more than 80 Syrah & Rhone varietals
- Wines from the Northwest and beyond
- Hors d’oeuvres
- Silent Auction, with proceeds going to a local nonprofit ¡Salud! providing health care for seasonal workers
Why not make an overnight trip of it?
Our Friday overnight package for two includes the Syrah Dinner with the Winemakers, lodging, and breakfast the next morning in the Black Rabbit Restaurant, for $410-$470 per couple.
The Saturday overnight package for two includes the Syrah Grand Tasting, lodging, and breakfast the next morning in the Black Rabbit Restaurant, which ranges from $280-345 per couple.
Reservations can be made by calling Edgefield directly at 503-669-8610 or via email.
A look at McMenamins Celebration of Syrah, 2016