Find the version of YOU that you’ve always been looking for.
Practice self-care. We here this a lot, but do you actually know what it means? Do you know how to put it in to practice?
Self-care doesn’t mean self-indulgent. It doesn’t mean being selfish. What it means, is you need to take time to fill your own cup. Unfortunately, we tend to think that means, especially as women, an occasional weekend away or a mental health day. It’s actually so much simpler and so much deeper than that.
Here’s an example. Try this simple 30 minute exercise for two weeks.
Take the first thirty minutes after waking to do one or more of the following:
- Sit quietly and sip coffee, juice or water
- Journal – write down your thoughts
- Listen to an inspirational podcast
- Practice Yoga
- Eat a healthy breakfast
This means not touching your phone when you first wake, not checking social media or your emails. Do not turn on the radio or television, do not talk to Alexa. Simply wake and be.
This is the first post and broadcast in our the integration of wellbeing and alignment series. Please check back each week as we interview health and wellness professionals and bring in experts for guest posts and talks.
As we break for this week, ask yourself the following questions:
- What is your mission? What do you want to bring the world?
- Your Passion? What do you love?
- Your Vocation? What are you good at?
- Your Profession? What can you get paid for? Because there may be a change on the horizon.
Stay tuned. And please email me at Karie@basilandsalt.com with questions and/or comments.