A recipe and a contest! Nearly everyone has their own go-to milkshake recipe and we would love to hear from you!
This summer, Basil & Salt Magazine would like to share your favorite milkshake recipe! We will choose three out of all the entries, and showcase your milkshake photo, you, and your recipe! We have a surprise for the winners! Read the rules below and then scroll further for the Malted Chocolate Milkshake recipe.
What are the rules?
- Be creative with flavors, garnishes, syrups, anything goes!
- YES – Boozy is okay
- BONUS – if it’s a picture of YOU holding your milkshake
- Entries must be sent in by May 31, 2022 to be featured in our August edition
- Enter by emailing recipe and photo to: Karie@basilandsalt.com
Now on to our recipe but first, a bit of trivia.
What is Malt Powder?
Malted milk or malt powder is a powdered gruel made from a mixture of malted barley, wheat flour, and evaporated whole milk powder. The powder is used to add its distinctive flavor to beverages and other foods, but it is also used in baking to help dough cook properly.
MALTED CHOCOLATE MILK SHAKE
Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 1/3 cup very cold heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup malted milk powder
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate ice cream
Optional: Toppings of your choice
- Chill your glass or glasses (1 16-ounce or 2 8-ounce) in the freezer
- Whip your cream: combine heavy cream and sugar in a large bowl. Hand whisk with vigor until soft peaks form, 30 to 60 seconds. Set aside.
- Create your milkshake: Blend mile and malted milk powder in the blender at high speed until powder dissolves, 15-20 seconds. Add chocolate ice cream and blend on high until creamy and thick, push down as needed.
- Pour milkshake into glass(es), top with whipped cream and garnish. Serve immediately.