With the addition of Blackberry Lavender honey syrup, this cocktail is our new favorite “summer-sipper”.
The Long Weekend brings forth seasonal ingredients of ripe blackberries and fragrant lavender, alongside honey and tart lemon – a harvest for the senses. Topped with champagne, this sparkling cocktail is a beautifully balanced expression of all the things we look for in a summer cocktail – refreshing, full of bright flavor, and soft, vibrant effervescence.
Cocktail by Lynnette Marrero
- 1 ounce Zacapa rum
- 1/2-ounce lemon juice
- 1/2-ounce blackberry/lavender honey syrup,
(1:1, honey:water) recipe below
- Champagne or dry sparkling wine
- Add Zacapa rum, lemon juice and blackberry/lavender honey syrup to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain over ice into a rocks glass.
- Top with Champagne and garnish with a lemon twist and blackberry.
Lavender Blackberry Honey Syrup
- Place 10 blackberries in a pot and muddle.
- To the pot add 1 cup of honey, 1 cup of water, 6 Teaspoons of dry lavender.
- Bring all the ingredients to over medium heat, then let simmer, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar and until you smell the lavender.
- Strain and Seal in a container.
- Store in a cool place, it will keep for two months.