Elevate your outdoor dining experience with these patio friendly recipes
Summer gatherings with friends and family are all about easy, convenient, patio friendly recipes. Spend those special occasions with those you love most and make this summer one to remember with flatbreads, sliders and sweet treats for all to share.
Keeping cooking simple means more time on the patio or in the backyard engaging with guests, and these Chipotle Chicken Flatbreads, Chicken Shawarma Sliders and Lemon Cheesecake with Fruit let home chefs skip complicated kitchen duties without skimping on flavor.
For this post we have partnered with Culinary.net and eMeals.com to bring you delicious Summertime Patio-Friendly Recipes. Let’s get cooking!
Summery Flatbreads for Family and Friends
Perfect for Alfresco entertaining – these little beauties are simple to make and friends and family can customize this savory dish with their favorite toppings before popping in the oven.
Companion serving suggestion: fresh salad
Chipotle Chicken Flatbreads
Recipe adapted from butteryourbiscuit.com
- 2 flatbreads
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 4 chicken tenders, cooked and cubed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1-1/2 tsps. chipotle seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet and add flatbreads. Sprinkle cheese on the flatbreads. Top with garlic, chicken and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bake 16 minutes until cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl, mix ranch and chipotle seasoning.
- Drizzle ranch dressing on flatbreads and sprinkle with cilantro leaves.
Shareable Sliders for a Nutritious Summer Meal
Fresh, mouthwatering foods hot off the grill are a sure sign of summer fun. Hosting sunny get-togethers this year will be easy when you show off your grilling skills with a simple, nutritious and flavorful recipe.
These Chicken Shawarma Sliders are a delicious example of how to grill healthy summer meals without sacrificing flavor. They’re part of a curated 12-recipe collection of healthy, balanced dishes from the snacking experts at family-owned Fresh Cravings, known for its chilled salsas, hummus and other dips, which teamed up with eMeals, America’s leading provider of meal plans.
“These sliders are a fantastic – and healthy – option for your next gathering,” said eMeals Senior Nutrition Writer and Editor Rachel West, RD. “The marinade uses a mix of pantry-friendly dried herbs and fresh garlic to give the lean grilled chicken breast some oomph. The lettuce and red onion add cool crispness and crunch to the sandwiches while Fresh Cravings’ creamy, flavor-packed hummus gets some nutritional bonus points by providing a dose of protein and fiber.”
Chicken Shawarma Sliders
Recipe courtesy of eMeals Registered Dietitian Rachel West
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (12) slider buns
- 1 container (17 ounces) Fresh Cravings Honey Jalapeno Hummus
- 1 package (8 ounces) shredded lettuce
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- In a zip-top plastic bag, use meat mallet or heel of hand to pound chicken to even thickness. Cut into 2-inch pieces and place in large bowl. Add oil, garlic, paprika, cumin, coriander, salt and cayenne; toss.
- Cover chicken and chill for 8 hours, or up to 2 days.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Grill chicken 4-5 minutes per side, or until done.
- Serve chicken on buns with hummus, lettuce and onion.
Unforgettable Fruity Flavor
Fresh fruit, a bit of sweetness and summertime – the perfect ingredients for backyard entertaining. Serving up a delicious dessert for family and guests starts with favorite produce in this Lemon Cheesecake with Fruit.
The touch of tangy tartness lures friends and family to the dessert table and the fresh lemon juice in the cheesecake is complemented perfectly, topped with orange slices and raspberries.
Lemon Cheesecake with Fruit
Serves 6 to 8
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 orange, peeled and separated
- 8 raspberries (or berries of your choice)
- garnish: 3 mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press firmly into a 9-inch springform pan.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add eggs, fresh lemon juice and vanilla extract; mix until combined.
- Pour into pan. Bake 50-55 minutes, or until center springs back when lightly pressed.
- Chill in refrigerator until completely cooled. Arrange orange slices around the border of cake and place raspberries in the middle. Top with mint leaves.
For more summer recipe ideas, visit Culinary.net.
Find the entire recipe collection by visiting emeals.com/campaign/Fresh-Cravings-Healthy-Eats.
Exploring the Delicate Balance of Chardonnay: Oaked vs. Unoaked | Basil & Salt Magazine
Chardonnay, one of the most popular and widely planted white…Keep reading
Impress Your Guests with Savory Portobello Stuffed Mushrooms | Basil & Salt Magazine
Indulge in Culinary Excellence with Our Savory Portobello Stuffed Mushrooms…Keep reading
7 Essential Tips for Starting a Culinary Garden: A Beginner’s Guide
Discover the Delight of a Culinary Garden: 7 Tips to…Keep reading
Cocktail of the Week: Bee’s Knees featuring Fresh Victor Lemon Sour
This classic concoction combines the refreshing zest of Fresh Victor…Keep reading
Celebrate National Coq au Vin Day: Discover the Classic French Dish and Learn How to Make It Like a Pro!
Coq au Vin, a quintessential French dish, holds a special…Keep reading
Outplay the Rest with Mt. Bachelor’s Action-Packed Summer Adventures
Visitors to Bend and Mt. Bachelor can see the world…Keep reading
Exploring Mediterranean Cuisine
The Mediterranean food lifestyle is widely recognized as one of…Keep reading
Savor the Summer Breeze: Indulge in 3 Vibrantly Refreshing Cocktails with Basil & Salt
Raise a Toast to Memorial Day Weekend: We have assembled…Keep reading