Late summer in Seattle is a gorgeous event bringing with it boistrous festivals and activities. Top of the list for this weekend? North America’s largest urban festival, Bumbershoot 2012.
Now in it’s 42nd year Bumbershoot, Seattle’s Music & Arts Festival is a Northwest icon at the 74 acre Seattle center and thankfully, the weather this weekend has promised to cooperate. Temps on Saturday and Sunday will be in the low 70’s and Monday, slightly warmer with sunnier skies. Pack up the entire family, kids, aunts, uncles and plan to play outside the entire day.
The music line up this year is out of this world and has something for everyone. A very brief, yes this actually is brief, overview of the scheduled artists is as follows, for the complete list, follow the links at the end of the article.
- Jane’s Addiction
- Tony Bennett
- City and Colour
- Civil Twilight
- Rebirth Brass Band
- JC Brooks & the Uptown Sound
- Karen Lovely
- Seattle Repertory Jazz Orchestra
- Many, many more
Youngersoot Kids Zone, is designed for children 10 and under and their caregivers and provides hands on and interactive programs. For more information, please see the link below.
The food vendor roster is just as impressive and folks young and old will appreciate all there is to taste at this event. Your mouth will begin to water as you draw close to the Seattle Center, just the aroma as you enter the gate is a fabulous assault on the senses. Again, I am including a small sampling of vendors, click on the links below for a full list.
- 99 Potatoes – Burgers, fries and sweet potato fries
- Athenas – Greek gyros
- Bahn Thai – Pad thai, curry, chicken, spring rolls, Thai iced tea
- Ballard Brothers – Salmon, salads, burgers, fries
- Bambuza Vietnam Bistro – Vietnamese noodles, stir fry, chicken, skewer
- Ben & Jerry’s – Ice cream
- Big City Burritos – Vegetarian burritos
- Corn Roasters – Roasted Corn
- Earthly Delights – Philly Cheese steak, chicken sandwiches, garlic fries
- Frankfurter – Hot dogs, sausages and lemonades
- Maui Wowi – Smoothies
- Mighty O – Donuts
- Pico De Gallo – Fish tacos, garlic fries
- Smokey’s BBQ Grill – Barbeque beef, chicken and pork
- Smokey’s Ice Cream – Soft Serve Ice Cream
Feeling a bit overwhelmed? Grab a pen and paper and make a plan of who you want to see on which day, where you want to eat and keep in mind that Budweiser in the Bumbershoot, has beer gardens sprinkled in various locations and if you are in the mood for a bit of the grape, visit the Barefoot Wine & Bubbly Tent.
Advance ticket purchases are recommended and will save you some change as well. One ticket gets you in to all Bumbershoot venues and performances. Read the Skinny on Tickets, he link at the end of this article, for guidelines and recommendations on arrival and performance schedules. Kids 10 and under enter at no charge with an adult. Advance Purchase Prices online are as follows:
- 3 day ticket, for Saturday, Sunday and Monday $125
- 1 day ticket for either Saturday, Sunday or Monday $50
- 1 day ticket for Saturday only $45
- 1 day ticket for Sunday only $45
- 1 day ticket for Monday only $45
- Service, facilities and processing fees add a bit extra to each ticket price. Please see site for more information.
Note: The festival does not have strollers available for rental, please plan accordingly. Sorry, pet’s are not allowed.
Performance Lineup, Food Vendors, 1 Reel Film Festival, Youngershoot Kids Zone, Tickets, Parking, Maps of Festival Grounds
One thought on “Bumbershoot Festival 2012 Rocks Seattle Center this Weekend”
Wow!! I know what you’ll be doing this weekend, karie! Sounds like a blast!! I’d be lost in all the vendors…would have to take a littl’ red wagon w/me to carry all the booty!! OK, you gotta write about it next week, and, yes, some pictures of your beautiful self! xo