How does your bracket stack up? With March Madness here, finger foods to add extra excitement to your game day buffet are on the menu, and we have been collecting recipes that are sure to please your hungry basketball crowd. Our go-to sauce for creating restaurant-style flavors through the games is Frank’s RedHot, and our menu picks for this year include all your favorite game day eats from pizza and sliders to chili and nachos. Stay with us through the tournament for tasty finger foods using these delicious “zingy” sauces.
Franks Redhot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese*, softened
- ½ cup Blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
- ½ cup any flavor Frank’s® RedHot® Sauce (we love this stuff!!)
- ½ cup Crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Place cream cheese into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth.
- Mix in salad dressing, Frank’s RedHot sauce and cheese. Stir in chicken.
- Bake 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through; stir. Garnish as desired. Serve with crackers or cut up vegetables.
Microwave Directions: Prepare as above. Place in microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 5 min. until hot, stirring halfway through cooking.
Slow Cooker Method: Combine ingredients as directed above. Place mixture into small slow cooker. Heat on HIGH setting for 1 ½ hours until hot and bubbly or on LOW setting for 2 ½ to 3 hours. Stir.
Be sure and hit the “print” button. This one is a keeper!
We are mixing things up a bit and pairing our Buffalo Chicken Dip with something fabulous! The Third Man’s Chela Rosa Cocktail by By Rosser Lomax, head bartender of The Third Man, New York as seen on LifeStyle Mirror’s Swanky March Madness Eats.
The Third Man's Chela Rosa Cocktail
1 oz. Campari
1 oz. reposado tequila
1 oz. sweet vermouth
12 oz. pilsner
Stir Campari, tequila, and vermouth in a mixing glass with ice until diluted. Strain into a chilled highball glass. Add pilsner until glass is filled, and continue to add as you drink.
Be sure and touch the “print” button. This one is a keeper!