Excitement is building and we are gathering ingredients for the big day. Super Bowl’s big match up between New England and Seattle is going to be epic and we are going to celebrate the game in grand style.
This recipe is delicious, simple, quick and can be customized for everyone’s individual flavor.
Alaska Cod Tostadas
- 8 oz. regular or light cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
1/3 cup fresh lime juice, divided
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1-1/2 pounds Alaska Cod fillets, fresh, thawed or frozen
8 flat tostada shells (6 to 7 inches each)
3/4 cup (3 oz.) shredded Mexican cheese blend
Prepared salsa, as needed
1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- Mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, 1/2 cup chopped cilantro and 3 tablespoons lime juice in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oven to 425ºF. Combine olive oil, remaining lime juice and cilantro, salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
- Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Cod under cold water, pat dry with paper towel. Place fillets on a spray-coated baking sheet; bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Baste cod fillets with olive oil mixture. Bake an additional 7 to 8 minutes for frozen cod or 3 to 5 minutes for fresh/thawed fish, adjusting cook time for smaller fillets. Bake just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on tostada shells. Divide shredded cheese on top of cream cheese. Place tostadas on baking sheet and bake just until cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Flake cod with fork; divide among tostadas. Top with prepared salsa and fresh avocado slices.
**A very special thank you to Alaska Seafood for another delicious recipe!