Whip up these delicious game day appetizers before you put the grill away for winter.
We’ve partnered with [Yellow Tail] PURE BRIGHT, Wine for All Occasions for the month of October, and we promise it’s all treats and no tricks. We look forward to sharing delicious recipes and wine cocktails, courtesy of Yellow Tail Wine. You can find last week’s post here, Warm Feta, Olive & Sun-Dried Tomato Spread.
Note: If using wood skewers, soak in water at least 10 minutes before threading shrimp.
GRILLED SHRIMP SKEWERS WITH CITRUS SALSA
Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (tail on or off)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 4 skewers, about 12” long (if using wood skewers, pre-soak them in water)
- ½ cup orange segments, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup diced fresh mango
- ¼ cup finely chopped orange or yellow bell pepper
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 3 tbsp. snipped fresh chives
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Zest the lime into a small bowl. Cover and set aside.
- Squeeze juice from lime and reserve.
- In large resealable plastic bag, mix olive oil, reserved lime juice, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes and pepper.
- Add shrimp, seal bag and place in refrigerator. Marinate shrimp for at least 20 minutes, but not longer than 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Thread shrimp on skewers.
- Place skewers on grill; cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until shrimp are opaque and pink.
- Sprinkle shrimp with reserved lime zest and chopped parsley.
- Combine ingredients in medium bowl. Serve with grilled shrimp.
Perfectly paired with PURE BRIGHT Sauvignon Blanc
Recipe courtesy [Yellow Tail] PURE BRIGHT