The holidays are a festive, busy time and with company coming in from out of town, feeding a hungry crowd is priority.
The ingredients list is simple and more than likely you will have all of these items on hand to create a delicious brunch dish during the holiday season.
Crockpot Eggnog French Toast with Maple Creme Syrup
- 1 (18 ounce) French bread loaf
- 8 Lucerne™ eggs
- 2 1/2 cups Lucerne™ Light Eggnog, divided
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cup maple syrup, divided
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
1. Line a crockpot with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray. Cut bread into cubes and place in crockpot.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs. Add 2 1/4 cups eggnog, salt, cinnamon, vanilla and 1/2 cup maple syrup, whisking well. Pour mixture over bread cubes.
3. Cover, turn on low for 4 hours. Remove lid and sprinkle in pecans. Scoop on plates and drizzle top with Maple Creme Syrup.
4. In a microwavable bowl or mug, pour maple syrup. Microwave for 1 minute. Whisk in 1/4 cup eggnog
Recipe and photo courtesy Jeff Anderson, Executive Chef at Albertsons and Safeway stores
2 thoughts on “Crockpot Eggnog French Toast with Maple Creme Syrup”
sounds great :-)