Italian Herb & Cheese-Stuffed Beef Roulade
Beef. It’s What for Dinner’s Beef Flank Steak stuffed and rolled with classic Italian herbs and beef salami tastes as divine as it looks.
What’s on your table this holiday season? Pork, Lamb or Beef? We want to know!
ITALIAN HERB & CHEESE-STUFFED BEEF ROULADE
- 1 beef Flank Steak (about1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage leaves
- 15 2-inch slices beef salami prosciutto
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat medium nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot; add garlic and shallot. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until translucent. Combine garlic mixture with parsley, basil, oil and sage in food processor bowl; pulse on and off to form roughly chopped paste.
- Place beef Flank Steak between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using smooth side of meat mallet, pound steak to 1/2-inch thickness and rectangle approximately 10 by 12 inches. Place steak on cutting board so grain is running side to side. Spread garlic mixture on steak. Arrange salami evenly on garlic mixture. Top salami with provolone, leaving 1-inch border at the far edge. Starting from side closest to you, roll steak tightly to form a log. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove roulade from plastic; place on aluminum foil-lined broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Using 6 (8-inch long) pieces of kitchen string, tie log in even intervals. Roast in 350°F oven 1 hour to 70 minutes or until instant read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 155°F, turning once. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let roast stand 10 minutes before slicing. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 165°F.) Remove string before carving into 6 slices. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Beef. It’s What’s for Dinner.https://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com/