When time is short and you need a quick and whimsical holiday dessert, semi-homemade is perfect.
McCormick is one of the most trusted names in the food industry and we couldn’t wait to share their extravagant fudgy brownie with a peppermint filling and rich chocolate glaze.
- 1 package (family-size) fudge brownie mix
- 5 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 14 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Peppermint Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Red Food Color, or Berry color from McCormick® Nature’s Inspiration Food Colors Substitutions available
- 12 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- Crushed peppermint candies, (optional) Substitutions available
- For the Brownie, preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare brownie mix as directed on package. Spread in greased foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out almost clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for the Filling, beat confectioners’ sugar, melted butter, cream, peppermint extract and Berry color in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended and smooth. Spread evenly over cooled brownie. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- For the Glaze, microwave chocolate and remaining 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Spread over top of chilled brownie. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies, if desired. Cut into bars.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of McCormick – Find more Christmas recipes by McCormick here.