Enter for your chance to win the perfect dinner party collection to celebrate Mediterranean Diet Month
Dinner parties are back on the rise and when it comes to hosting, Genova Premium Tuna knows it’s the little details that truly make your event shine. That’s why this Mediterranean Diet Month, Genova Premium Tuna and Top Chef judge and cookbook author, Gail Simmons, are teaming up to curate the perfect dinner party collection. It’s time to make hosting stress free! Packaged with an easy-to-make recipe guide and beautiful table settings inspired by the Mediterranean lifestyle, this one-of-a-kind collection is perfect for summer entertaining.
Scroll for recipe!
Now through June 30, dinner party pros and novices alike can enter to win one of 75 collection kits by visiting GenovaSeafood.com/DinnerPartyCollection. The premium dinner party collection includes key luxury dinnerware and décor needed to host friends and family in style, including plates, silverware, serving platters and more. Additionally, fans will be able to explore the flavors of the Mediterranean without leaving their home thanks to Gail’s Genova Tuna Romesco Salad Board. The one-stop party in a box will make sure all guests – host included – feel like they’re on the Mediterranean coast.
“I’m excited to be teaming up with Genova Premium Tuna to giveaway the perfect summer dinner party experience inspired by the Mediterranean,” shared food expert and TV personality, Gail Simmons. “I love hosting but not all the prep that comes with it so, to save time and stress, we’ve curated a collection that features beautiful design and an elevated, but easy-to-make recipe to ensure hosts can get back to enjoying the party before the first course. I always find that incorporating premium ingredients like Genova offers a great way to bring quality flavor and a Mediterranean flair to my go-to party recipes, taking dinner from good to great.”
Genova Premium Yellowfin and Albacore Tuna offer a break from the ordinary, with no additives or preservatives. Made with the best cuts of fish, hand-filleted and drizzled with just the right amount of olive oil, Genova Premium Tuna is wild caught and sustainably sourced, naturally high in protein, a great source of Omega-3s, and has uniquely rich and savory flavor that offers a taste of the Mediterranean in every bite.
Note: Romesco can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Tip: Seeds and inner flesh of charred tomato can be used to thin out the Romesco later, if needed, as well as for traditional Spanish pan con tomate (toasted bread rubbed with garlic, topped with chopped tomato, salt and olive oil).
GENOVA TUNA ROMESCO SALAD BOARD
- 3 large Roma tomatoes
- 1 roasted red pepper (skin removed and seeded or from a jar), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted salted almonds or Marcona almonds
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Tuna Board Ingredients
- 2 cans of Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 bunch spring onions or scallions, ends trimmed
- 1 lemon, halved crosswise
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 yellow or green zucchini, sliced 1/2-inch thick on the bias, halved lengthwise if large
- 1 bell pepper, sliced lengthwise into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted almonds or Marcona almonds
- 1/2 cup halved marinated artichokes, drained and pat dry
- 1 bunch small radishes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 4 ounces Manchego cheese, sliced into triangles
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat broiler. Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil. Place the tomatoes on the sheet pan and broil until well charred on both sides, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer tomatoes to a bowl, allow to cool slightly then remove the skin, core, seed, and coarsely chop. Reserve the seeds and inner flesh for another use (see note below).
- In the bowl of a blender, combine the tomatoes, roasted red pepper, almonds, garlic, vinegar, paprika, chili flakes if using, salt and pepper until a chunky paste forms. With the blender on high speed, slowly drizzle in the oil, scraping down the sides of the blender when needed, until well incorporated but still a rustic texture. Transfer the romesco to a bowl and taste for seasoning. Allow romesco to sit covered at room temperature for one hour before serving.
- While the romesco rests, prepare the board. Start by draining the tuna and set aside in a bowl. Set a grill or grill pan on medium-high heat and brush it with olive oil. Grill the spring onions or scallions until charred and just tender, about 4 minutes per side. Grill the lemon halves, flesh-side down, until grill marks appear, about 3 minutes. Remove onions and lemon to a large plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the zucchini and red pepper in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until charred and just tender, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to the same plate to cool slightly.
- Right before dinner guests arrive, assemble the board. With a large spoon, scoop a generous amount of romesco into the center of your board. Using the back of the spoon spread the romesco into a wide circle with a well in the center. Gently pile the Genova Yellowfin Tun in Olive Oil into the well. Place the grilled, marinated and raw vegetables, cheese, charred lemon halves, and almonds around the romesco and tuna. Sprinkle the tuna with the chopped parsley just before serving.