When it comes to grilling, it’s all in the preparation and allowing enough time to let the flavors blend.
Hawaiian Burger with Grilled Pineapple
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Grill Mates® Sweet & Smoky Rub, plus more for sprinkling
- 4 fresh pineapple rings
- 4 sweet Hawaiian-style or potato hamburger rolls
- Mix pork, bell pepper, onion and 2 tablespoons of the Rub in medium bowl until well blended. Shape into 4 patties. Refrigerate 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Sprinkle burger patties lightly on both sides with additional Rub.
- Grill burgers over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through (internal temperature should reach 160ºF). Meanwhile, sprinkle pineapple rings lightly on both sides with Rub. Grill alongside pork for 3 to 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until lightly charred. Toast rolls on grill, cut-side down, about 30 seconds.
- Serve burgers on rolls with grilled pineapple and desired toppings and condiments.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Great with toppings such as lettuce, sliced tomatoes, red onion, sliced avocado and white Cheddar cheese.
- For Hawaiian Burger Sliders, shape pork mixture into 8 patties. Grill over medium heat for about 3 minutes per side or until cooked through (internal temperature of 160°F).
- Substitute ground beef or turkey in place of the pork. Prepare as directed, grilling until cooked through (internal temperature should reach 165°F for turkey).
McCormick® Grill Mates® kicks off summer grilling by celebrating the art of the PreBQ, or the real magic that happens before the cookout. In partnership with singer, actor, host, and TV personality, Nick Lachey, the brand is helping grillers everywhere master PreBQ with tips and tricks, recipes, and a limited-edition PreBQ gift bundle.
“I’ve always been a fan of grilling, but what’s really special is the time behind the scenes when it’s just classic rock, a cold beer, close family and friends about to enjoy the afternoon and awesome food,” said Nick Lachey. “I’m excited to celebrate summer with Grill Mates. They understand PreBQ – the journey, the anticipation of a great meal, and the tradition of prepping to cook over flame for maximum flavor.”
With Nick’s new “Hawaiian Burger with Grilled Pineapple” recipe and tips & tricks for mastering PreBQ, fans and grilling enthusiasts alike can up their game. For fans excited to create their pre-grilling rituals, Grill Mates is giving away limited PreBQ gift bundles that include the ultimate accessories for preparing to grill, with an apron, tools, cutting board, meat thermometer, Grill Mates products, and more.
“The most important parts of grilling are what guests rarely see; prepping the dry rub and seasoning everything just right, inviting friends to help setup and streaming your favorite playlist. Grill prep is built around trust, traditions, and love of food,” said Alia Kemet, Senior Vice President, Global Creative & Digital Transformation, McCormick. “With all sorts of grilling tips, tricks, and helpful hints from our seasoned pros and Nick Lachey alike, we want grillers sharing their PreBQ rituals, savoring the entire process from prep to plate.”
For more PreBQ fun, Grill Mates is also hosting an influencer-led recipe competition via the Flavor Maker App by McCormick. Select influencers will showcase their favorite PreBQ rituals and unique grilling recipes. Fans can download the app* to join in and vote for their favorite recipe.
For more information on PreBQ, including Nick Lachey’s recipe, grilling tips, and to enter for a chance to win a Grill Mates PreBQ gift bundle (while supplies last), visit GrillMates.com. Follow Grill Mates on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter and search #PreBQ to join in the conversation.
*The Flavor Maker App by McCormick is free on iOS and Android devices.
Content provided by McCormick
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S./D.C., age 18+ (19+ in AL and NE, 21+ in MS). Void outside the 50 U.S./D.C. and where prohibited. Promotion starts at 12:00:01 AM ET on 06/14/22; ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on 6/21/22. To enter: visit www.GrillMates.com and navigate to the McCormick PreBQ webpage, and answer all questions and enter your name, address, email address and any other requested information, and click ‘Submit.’ Prize: 135 prize winners will each receive one (1) Grill Kit. ARV of each prize: $150. Total ARV of all prizes: $20,250. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Limit: 1 entry per person. For full Official Rules click here. Sponsor: McCormick & Company, Inc., 24 Schilling Road, Suite 1, Hunt Valley, MD 21031.