Cute, simple, and perfect for little hands, you can involve the whole family while wrapping these little mummies.
These little cuties can be made a couple of different ways. Use small smokies, cut regular sized franks in half or create them at their full length.
As a grab and go appetizer, we prefer to cut a frank in half and wrap each one.
Note: Mayonnaise makes a great base for the white of the eyes and mustard, ketchup or tiny black olive pieces lend both variety and “spookiness” to the pupil. Tweak, twist and make this recipe your own.
Makes 8 to 16 Mummies
- 1 (8-ounce) can refrigerated crescent roll dough sheet
- 8 Franks
- Mayonnaise (just a bit for the eyes)
- Ketchup (just a bit for the eyes)
- Yellow mustard (just a bit for the eyes)
- toothpicks or piping bag
- Option – Black olives, diced (for the eyes)
- Heat oven to 425°
- Unroll crescent roll dough sheet onto lightly floured surface. Cut lengthwise into 8 (full-size) or 16 (half-size) strips.
- If making half-sized franks, cut each frank in half. Wrap each strip around each frank, leaving an opening towards the top for the eyes. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden. Use mayonnaise, mustard, or ketchup to create eyes. Serve with additional ketchup, if desired.