Simple and delicious, this recipe serves 8 and can be prepped, cooked and on the table in 25 minutes.
After a busy day of work and errands, it’s not always easy to wait to get home to eat a healthy home cooked meal. It’s tempting to slide into a drive through line or pull up an app on our phones and order take out. This is one reason I am always on the hunt for beautiful dishes with great flavor combinations, and can be prepped and on the table in 30 minutes or less. This pairs perfectly with Payaso de Rodeo Chardonnay
Alaska Cod Tostadas
- 8 ounces regular or light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 pounds Alaska Cod fillets, fresh, thawed or frozen
- 8 flat tostada shells (6 to 7 inches each)
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Prepared salsa, as needed
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- Mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, 1/2 cup chopped cilantro and 3 tablespoons lime juice in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oven to 425ºF. Combine olive oil, remaining lime juice and cilantro, salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
- Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Cod under cold water, pat dry with paper towel. Place fillets on a spray-coated baking sheet; bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Baste cod fillets with olive oil mixture. Bake an additional 7 to 8 minutes for frozen cod or 3 to 5 minutes for fresh/thawed fish, adjusting cook time for smaller fillets. Bake just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on tostada shells. Divide shredded cheese on top of cream cheese. Place tostadas on baking sheet and bake just until cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Flake cod with fork; divide among tostadas. Top with prepared salsa and fresh avocado slices.
A perfect pairing:
Payaso de Rodeo Chardonnay
Aromas and Flavors:
Tropical fruit, Vanilla, Coconut, butter
This wine pairs well with the delicate cod.
**A very special thank you to Alaska Seafood for another delicious recipe!
reprint of 2015 post.