How to Make Perfectly Spiced Steak Fajitas in Minutes
Enjoy a sizzling sensation with our tantalizing recipe for Spicy Steak Fajitas, brought to you in partnership with Farm Fresh Delivery Northwest. This mouthwatering dish features succulent beef flank or skirt steak (your choice) marinated to perfection in a zesty blend of lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, and aromatic spices. Grilled to juicy tenderness, the steak is then paired with vibrant bell peppers, onions, and a touch of garlic for an explosion of flavors. Served on warm tortillas and garnished with fresh cilantro, these fajitas are a true celebration of farm-fresh ingredients and bold spices. Elevate your dining experience with this easy-to-make recipe that quickly becomes a family favorite.
Spicy Steak Fajitas
- 1 ½ pounds beef flank or skirt steak
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Olive oil, for cooking
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- Sour cream
- In a bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients: olive oil, lime juice, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Place the beef steak in a shallow dish or zip-top bag and pour the marinade over it. Make sure the steak is evenly coated with the marinade. Cover or seal the dish/bag and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight for better flavor.
- Preheat your grill or a large skillet over medium-high heat. While the grill/skillet is heating up, prepare the vegetables.
- Slice the bell peppers and onion into thin strips. Set them aside.
- Remove the marinated steak from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Drizzle some olive oil onto the grill or skillet to prevent sticking. Place the steak on the hot grill/skillet and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or adjust the cooking time according to your preference. Once cooked, transfer the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for a few minutes.
- While the steak is resting, add the sliced bell peppers, onion, and minced garlic to the grill/skillet. Cook the vegetables until they are slightly softened and charred, about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Slice the rested steak against the grain into thin strips. This will ensure tender meat.
- Warm the flour tortillas on the grill or in a separate skillet for a minute on each side.
- To assemble the fajitas, place a few slices of the cooked steak onto a warm tortilla. Top with the grilled bell peppers and onions. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Serve the beef fajitas with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole on the side. Roll up the tortillas and enjoy!
Note: If you prefer a spicier kick, you can add more cayenne pepper or even chopped jalapeños to the marinade. Adjust the seasonings according to your taste preferences.
Farm Fresh Northwest | Pasture raised beef and pork delivered to your doorstep. Pacific Northwest Home Delivery
Farm Fresh Northwest, operated by Mark and Brooke Lathim, is dedicated to providing high-quality products. Their cattle and pigs are nurtured in a pasture-raised environment, ensuring they are free from antibiotics and hormones. Additionally, their feed is strictly non-GMO.
The cattle receive exceptional care from Grandpa as he tends to them on his farm located in Eastern Washington. On the other hand, Mark and Brooke take charge of raising the pigs on their farm situated in Stanwood, Washington. Mark himself represents the fifth generation to grow up on the family farm, which lies 30 miles north of Pasco alongside the Snake River.
This post is in partnership with Farm Fresh Northwest – if you choose to become a customer of FFNW – use code BASIL at checkout for an exclusive discount on your first order!
Pouring Over the Numbers: How Your State Stacks Up in…Keep reading
Embrace the essence of autumn with our Lattice Top Rustic…Keep reading