Guacamole is personal. That may sound a bit dramatic, but rarely do two people prepare it exactly the same way. As with all foods, over time it takes on the personality of the individual who is preparing it.
A variety of ingredients can be added; tomatoes, sour cream, garlic, and I have recently spied a recipe with the addition of yellow corn and black beans. I was curious, gave it a whirl and it was freaking amazing.
Now that we have guacamole, chips and salsa, it’s time to break out the Casa Noble blanco Tequila and let the festivities begin!
Cocina 214's Guacamole and Guacamole Trio
- 6 avocados (halved, seeded & peeled)
- ¼ medium red onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 jalapeno (seeded & diced)
- 1 Roma tomato (seeded & diced)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 lime, juiced
1. Scoop the avocados in a large stainless steel mixing bowl.
2. Add the squeezed lime juice and coat the avocadoes.
3. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mash them together.
4. Let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes then serve.
5. Garnish with chip and/or lime wedge
1. Scoop guacamole into 3 separate bowls or separate dip bow/tray
2. In the first, add fresh blue cheese crumbles to taste or desired consistency. Garnish with blue cheese.
3. In the second bowl/tray, add fresh, chopped mango and pineapple to desired taste. Garnish with chopped mango and pineapple.
4. In the third bowl/tray, add diced Habanero peppers or your favorite Habanero sauce/puree to desired level of spice. Garnish with chopped Habanero peppers.