Outdoor cocktail season is here and that means jazzy, fresh flavors that pack a wallop. Bloomery Plantation Distillery has given us a few of their best recipes and we are over the top excited to share them with you.
Bloomery SweetShine, a leader in the locally sustainable craft distillery trade, is helping drive the emerging craft beverage category and “culinary cocktail” trend that’s now sweeping the globe. With more than twenty-one international awards and too many cocktail aficionado accolades to count, the company is doing its part to take the restaurant, bar and hospitality industries to tasty new heights.
“When Bloomery Plantation Distillery opened its doors in September of 2011, we were the 424th craft distiller federally licensed in the U.S.—today those numbers have exploded,” adds Losey. “The critical intersection of local sourcing combined with the handcrafting of approachable spirits like liqueurs is resonating in the marketplace. Consumers like a little bit of the unusual and appreciate our whimsical approach, but quality and taste are paramount—this is why we grow our own Italian lemons and Hawaiian ginger as well as grow and harvest our own black walnuts and pumpkins to craft distinctive, memorable and crave-worthy flavors.”
The freshness of Bloomery SweetShine’s ingredients cannot be understated, with all agricultural ingredients grown at the distillery’s own farm, local neighboring farms or other small American farms. Each item in the brand’s portfolio proffers an exciting and unrivaled flavor profile.
“There is a growing resurgence with consumers who want to create craft beverages from high quality, fresh ingredients, but don’t want to be burdened with a drink that’s too complex to make,” notes Linda Losey, founder of Bloomery Plantation Distillery. “Our fans trust our brand in that arena, and are comfortable and confident that when they grab a bottle of SweetShine, they can add it to any of their current cocktails and they’ll create a fresher, higher quality, premium cocktail that was a breeze to make.”
Mastering mixology and becoming a “home bar rock star” is super-simple with SweetShine’s array of distinctive flavors that include “Moonshine Milkshake” Cremma Lemma, Black Walnut, Limoncello, Raspberry Lemon, Ginger Shine, Peach Shine, Chocolate Raspberry, Hard Lemonade and Seasonal Cranberry Clementine and Pumpkin Spice. All are ideal for pairing with the premium spirit of your choice, whether it’s vodka, bourbon, gin or champagne—just blend, chill and enjoy! Just a touch of SweetShine quickly creates a classic cocktail with a twist that’ll let you bid boring and unadventurous drinking adieu! SweetShine is also incredibly tasty as a beer topper or mixed into your coffee beverage.
Sustainably crafted with 100% natural hand-selected ingredients for a supreme garden-to-glass experience, Bloomery’s unparalleled assortment of SweetShine artisanal liqueurs are full of farm fresh fruit, roots and nuts paired with homespun syrups and corn likker—that’s it…there are no preservatives, concentrates or artificial ingredients whatsoever.
The Top Seven Cocktail Trends
- More Playfulness, Less Pretention – cheeky and whimsical brands and beverages kicking severe mixology to the curb. Precociousness and pomposity has taken a back seat to professionalism, opting for homespun hospitality over haughtiness. Cocktailing is becoming simpler with a lowbrow laid-back sensibility on the rise.
- Small Batch is Still Big – the American Distilling Institute reports the meteoric rise in craft and micro distilleries, where true ingenuity is underway—the results of which are getting to market quicker than ever; Validating the power of craft, even the “big boys” are now getting into the small-batch business.
- Simplicity Reigns Supreme – gone are the days where overzealous mixologists have something to prove, taking 15 minutes or more to perfect a drink. Now, simplified elixirs are at the forefront that require few ingredients and/or steps of preparation to create a killer craft cocktail—even at home.
- Increasing Culinary Influence – fresh fruit, roots, nut and herb-laden libations are all the rage, even taking cues from the kitchen with imaginative culinary cocktail filled with farmed foodstuffs. Mixers with all-natural ingredients like Italian lemons, Hawaiian ginger, black walnuts and pumpkins are being utilized to craft distinctive, memorable and crave-worthy flavors.
- Locavore Garden-to-Glass Libations – local and farm fresh approaches to ingredient sourcing are taking root on cocktail menus. Garden grown is in, preservatives, concentrates or artificial ingredients are out. Indeed, craft cocktail distillers are turning hand-selected agricultural ingredients grown on their own or other neighboring American farms into 100% natural artisan liquors that are elevating cocktails, beers and other beverages like coffee and tea.
- Moonshine Goes Gourmet – Once just a novelty item, distillers are now getting creative proffering high-end premium spirits taking crafted cocktails to an incredible new level using time-honored recipes with a modern spin and hand-crafted technique.
- Beer Cocktails – no longer reserved for the world of spirits, beer is being elevated with toppers and mixers taking barley and hops to a whole new level.
If you are one of a growing number of home mixologists ready to take your cocktail creations to the next level, here are a few recipes to assist:
- 1 bottle (375ml) Cranberry Clementine SweetShine
- 2 cups Fresh Lemonade
- 1 bottle (750ml) Champagne
Blackberry Peach Sangria
- 1 bottle (375ml) Peach SweetShine
- 2 cups Fresh Blackberries
- 1 bottle (750ml) Red Wine
Ruby Red Sipper
- 1 part Raspberry Lemon SweetShine
- 1 part Gin
- 1 part Fresh Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice
- 1 part Cremma Lemma SweetShine
- 1 part Vanilla Vodka
- 2 parts Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 part Limoncello SweetShine
- 1 part Whiskey
- 1/2 part Fresh Lemon Juice
We thank Bloomery Plantation Distillery for the above recipes and if you are thirsty for more, thumb through additional photos below and you find them on Twitter, Facebook or visit their site.