These little sweet treats are fun for the whole family to make. Let each little ghoulie customize their own!
We posted these spooktacular ghosties last Halloween and we can’t think of a better way to have them haunt with us again this year – than topping the monster bash party cake.
Bake your cake, frost, and plop these littles boos on the top and around the base.
Remember, different shapes, sizes and expressions make the best “boos”.
ghostly meringue boos
Makes 20 to 24 whimsical little boos
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup superfine sugar (or 1 cup gran sugar spun in food processor)
- 2 each chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla on medium speed until thick and foamy.
- Add sugar, a tablespoon at a time until thick, shiny and stiff peaks form, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer meringue to piping bag with 1/2″ plain tip and pipe ghosts on your parchment paper.
- Bake 1.5 hours, until firm and dry to the touch.
- Leaving your little boos inside, close the door and turn off oven. Let the meringues set inside the oven for a few hours or even overnight, as they need to dry all the way through.
- When your ghosties are ready, melt the chocolate chips and dip a toothpick in the melted chocolate for eyes, nose, and mouth. Or pipe faces with icing.
Embrace the essence of autumn with our Lattice Top Rustic…Keep reading
As the crisp air wraps around our senses and we…Keep reading