Healthy Eats with Colavita
Don’t wait until the holidays are over to healthy. Join us for our pantry “declutter” week!
This week, right beside our decadent holiday fare, we are showcasing simple, healthy flavors to offset the sweet desserts and twinkling cocktails. We have partnered with Colavita for this healthy, time saving pantry declutter 101. Join us every day this week for a new recipe and new decluttering tip.
COLAVITA’S HEALTHY TURKEY RAMEN WITH SPAGHETTI
YIELDS 4 Servings
PREP TIME 20 mins COOK TIME 20 mins
- 3 cups cooked chicken or turkey, shredded
- 1 lb. Colavita Spaghetti
- 4 soft boiled eggs
- 3 – 4 Colavita Hot Chili Peppers, diced (optional)
- 1 qt chicken or turkey broth
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ cup dried shiitake mushrooms
- Optional: drizzle of sesame oil and sesame seeds
- First, prep the mushrooms. Soak them in very hot water in a small bowl for about 10-15 minutes until soft.
- Remove them from the water and coarsely chop them. Set aside, also reserving the mushroom water.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt it generously and cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions. Drain.
- Add the grated ginger, reserved mushroom water and turkey stock to a medium stock pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once warm, portion the stock between 4 large soup bowls.
- To each bowl, add some of the cooked spaghetti, leftover turkey, 1 poached egg, fresh spinach, and shiitake mushrooms.
- Garnish each bowl with hot peppers, scallions, sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
PANTRY DECLUTTER 101
To completely clean out the pantry and restock in one swoop is simply not feasible for two reasons. For most of us, finances are the first reason, and the second reason? Cravings.
If you are anything like me, foods have found their way into your pantry or cupboards that you will never eat. Pull them out and donate them to your local food bank before they find their way back to your pantry shelves.
Start with the Basics
Tried and true staples, you know you’re getting premium Italian quality when you reach for Colavita’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar. From sautéing to baking to bread dipping, the ways to elevate your meals are endless.
All the Pasta-Bilities
No matter what the year, pasta never goes out of style. Fill your pantry with authentic Italian pastas like Colavita’s Gluten Free Spaghetti or Whole Wheat Penne Rigate and take the guesswork out of meal time.
Versatile and delicious, Colavita’s Crushed Tomatoes and Pesto Sauce are the perfect sauces to keep stocked in your pantry. The essential complement to soups, chilis, pizzas, pastas…should we keep going?