These delightful spring bites are sure to be an instant family favorite.
The Hotel Saugatuck in Saugatuck, Michigan, has a special recipe they offer each year to coincide with a nearby tulip festival and they are a perfect appetizer for every spring gathering, especially Mother’s Day.
The “flowers” only take a few minutes to whip up and there is plenty of room for improvisation for additional flavors and herbs in the filling.
The Hotel Saugatuck’s Tomato Cream Cheese Tulips
- 1-pint grape tomatoes
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 bunches green onions
- 1 large garlic clove
- 10 chives
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- pinch of Kosher salt
- Cut off the roots and ends of the green onion.
- Chop chives and garlic together using an electric mixer. Next whip the cream cheese, chives, garlic, and salt until blended evenly. Add lemon juice and blend into mixture.
- Using a skewer, poke a hole in the stem side of each tomato. Keeping the stem side down, make a cross (2 slices) 1/2 way down the tomato using a small spoon (or the tip of an old fruit peeler) scoop out the seeds from the inside of tomato.
- Using a pastry bag and tip, fill the cut side of the tomato with cream cheese, and insert the green onion into the hole at the stem end of the tomato.
Repurposed for 2022 – Original post 2017
Embrace the essence of autumn with our Lattice Top Rustic…Keep reading
As the crisp air wraps around our senses and we…Keep reading
Celebrating the rich flavors of fall, we turn to the…Keep reading