Discover Irresistible Apple-Infused Recipes to Enhance Your Favorite Dishes
With its craveable texture and crunch, balanced sweetness and beautiful golden red color, apples can be enjoyed as an ingredient twist in your favorite recipes. While they’re often best served fresh or paired with cheeseboards, sandwiches or mocktails, their sweetness also plays up when combined with pasta, shrimp, Parmesan, toasted almonds and more in Apples and Pesto Farfalle.
Our apple choice: Envy Apple slices naturally stay white longer than other varieties, they maintain their beauty while you cook so finished dishes look as delicious as they taste.
Apples and Pesto Farfalle
- 1 pound farfalle pasta
- 3-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus additional for cooking pasta, divided
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for cooking pasta, to taste, divided
- 1 bunch parsley leaves
- 1 cup toasted almonds
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3- turns fresh cracked pepper
- 2 cups cooked peas
- 2 Envy apples, diced
- 1 bunch chives, thinly sliced
- 1 block Parmesan
- 20 shrimp
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarse pepper
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water until just tender. Drain and toss gently with olive oil, to taste, then set aside.
- In food processor, pulse parsley leaves, almonds, shredded Parmesan, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, lemon juice and cracked pepper. Once pulsed, turn the processor on high and drizzle in 1/3 cup olive oil until well incorporated.
- Toss pasta with fresh pesto until well coated. Fold in peas, apples and chives. Using peeler, shave thin slices off Parmesan block over pasta for garnish.
- Preheat grill or grill pan over high heat.
- Toss shrimp in canola oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and coarse pepper. Grill 2 minutes on each side, or until charred slightly. Spread evenly over pasta and serve.
Changing up Taco Tuesday
Bite into these Crisp Apple Tacos and think of the uplifting aroma and flavor of apples as an invitation to savor those small moments around the family table. The flavor combination of pork and apples has long been a favorite and these Crisp Apple Tacos are no exception.
Crisp Apple Tacos
- 2 Envy apples
- 1/2-pound pork tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 tortillas
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Slice half of one apple into thick wedges; reserve. Slice remaining half into thin sticks; reserve. Slice the second apple into thin wedges; reserve.
- Cut pork crosswise into 1-inch round medallions. Coat pork medallions with olive oil, salt and pepper then add to saucepan over medium heat. Add thick apple wedges to saucepan.
- Add rosemary to saucepan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip pork and cook 2-3 minutes until pork is slightly golden and cooked through.
- Let pork rest for 3 minutes then slice into strips.
- In the serving bowl, toss thin apple sticks, carrots, red cabbage and green cabbage. Mix honey, mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix dressing and cabbage; refrigerate at least 1 hour prior to serving.
- Top tortillas with pork, slaw, sour cream and squeezes of lime. Top with thin apple wedges.
To find more ways to sweeten up family meals, visit EnvyApple.com.
Pouring Over the Numbers: How Your State Stacks Up in…Keep reading
Embrace the essence of autumn with our Lattice Top Rustic…Keep reading