The aroma of autumn, apples, cinnamon and a bit of honey. This simple and delicious quick-bread recipe is perfect for autumn and works well as a tasty grab n go snack for the entire fam.
Cinnamon Applesauce Quick-Bread
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon, ground
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chunky applesauce
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- A bit of honey for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Set aside.
- Beat egg in medium bowl. Stir in applesauce, brown sugar, milk and oil. Add to flour mixture, stir just until moistened, batter will be lumpy. Stir in 1/2 cup of the walnuts. Pour batter into a 9×5-inch loaf pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Sprinkle top evenly with remaining 1/2 cup walnuts, or topping of your choice.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.