Take springtime meals to another level with fresh, flavorful ingredients and easy-to-make-recipes.
Enjoy delicious, home-cooked meals like Shrimp Pad Thai with Jasmine Rice and Successful Crab Cakes.
Success Rice has swapped out traditional rice noodles for this version with Jasmine rice as an aromatic, quick-cooking solution for their own spin on a classic.
Do you have trouble cooking with rice? Take the guesswork out of cooking rice with an option like Success Boil-In-Bag Rice, which offers a heat safe, BPA-free and FDA-approved solution for fluffy, flavorful rice that cooks up perfectly. The high-quality grains are quick, easy, mess-free and ready in 10 minutes, so you can enjoy hassle-free dishes such as Successful Crab and Rice Cakes.
Recipes courtesy of SuccessRice.com
Shrimp Pad Thai with Jasmine Rice
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 bag Success Jasmine Rice
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 4 lime wedges
- Prepare rice according to package directions and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, soy sauce and chili garlic sauce. Set aside.
- In a large wok or skillet over high heat, heat 1/2 tbsp on the canola oil. Quickly scramble the egg in oil, remove from pan and reserve.
- Add remaining oil to wok over high heat. Add shrimp and garlic and stir-fry for 5 minutes, (keep it constantly moving so it doesn’t burn) or until shrimp are cooked. (no longer translucent) Add green onions and reserved egg: toss to combine.
- Divide pad Thai between four bowls. Top each with bean sprouts, cilantro and peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.
These crispy crab cakes come together easily and are served with a zesty, homemade aioli that tastes just like you’re on the coast. If you’re new to making crab cakes, it’s simpler than it may seem – just cook rice beforehand so it can cool then mix in beaten eggs, seafood and seasonings. Chilling and resting the mixture helps it hold together before frying to a mouthwatering golden brown for a delicious appetizer, snack or side dish.
Successful Crab and Rice Cakes
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 bag Success Brown Rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 2 tbsp seafood seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lemon, zest and juice only
- lemon wedges, optional
- Prepare rice according to package directions and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs lightly. Stir in rice, crabmeat, and seafood seasoning, mix well.
- Chill for 5 minutes.
- Shape chilled mixture into eight patties.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches, carefully place patties in the skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Transfer cooked patties to a paper-towel lined plate or prepared sheet.
- Stir together mayonnaise, garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Serve aioli with crab cakes and garnish with lemon wedges.