A friend and I have been hard at work prepping basil & salt’s gourmet garden and I am now making my plan and creating recipes for the coming bounty of summer.
I’ve gone back into the archives of our printed late summer | early fall edition of Basil & Salt Magazine for inspiration and thought I would share this simple, delicious recipe, as it is one of my favorites.
baked tomato provençal minis
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 6 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 parmesan cheese
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Over a bowl, slice tomato in half and gently clean out the inside. Place tomatoes, cut side up in a shallow baking pan or rimmed baking sheet. Lightly sprinkle with pepper
- In a bowl, combine breadcrumbs, basil, parsley, garlic, thyme and salt.
- Spoon filling into tomato, gently pushing into cavity and slightly mound the top.
- Lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, remove from oven and top with grated cheese.
Thank you for visiting basil & salt! We look forward to bringing you great content for gardening, parenting, health and beauty and of course, delicious recipes.
Look for our newest addition, Martinis & Mocktails, debuting on Blog Talk Radio Live!, in April, 2020. Stay tuned! Literally.
As always, I am raising a glass to you. Karie
Karie Engels is an author, founder and publisher of Basil & Salt Magazine. She enjoys a quiet life in a small farmhouse in Washington state with her quarrelsome cat, Pippin.