Salmon Deviled Eggs and Crab Cakes in a Tangy Sauce
From the archives:
With Easter a tad further down the calendar than usual, we have a bit of extra time to prep, plan and create our menus. My traditional Easter menu has always included simple appetizers, ham and a decadent cake for dessert, however this year a change is in the wind. While I haven’t settled on a precise menu to date, I have been collecting ideas.
Art de Fete has an Elegant Easter Dinner on display on its site. The table decor is beautiful and festive, the menu is both exquisite and fresh. What caught my eye first were delightful little Crab Cakes with Mixed Greens & Tangy Sauce.
Ingredients List: Crab Cakes: Jumbo lump crab meat, red onion, bread crumbs, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, egg, lemon, dill, red pepper flakes, freshly ground white pepper and vegetable oil. Sauce: Sour cream, chives, lime, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Salad: Mixed greens, white wine vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Follow the link at the bottom of the post for full recipe and method.
A light Champagne or sparkling wine cocktail is on the menu for Sunday celebrations and gatherings. The cocktail of choice this year is the Rossini. It’s elegance, simplicity and fruitful combination of flavors is always a delight to guests. If there is another fruit you have in mind, simply nix the strawberry puree and substitute with flavor of your choice.
- 1 ounce pureed strawberries
- 3 ounces chilled prosecco
- 1 fresh strawberry, sliced for garnish
Pour fruit puree into chilled glass and top with prosecco.
Deviled Eggs have made a comeback in a huge way, and we are loving the creativity, ideas and combination of flavors that recipe developers have been posting. Our showcase for today’s post is from Art de Fete, Deviled Eggs with Herbs, Salmon & Osetra Caviar. Caviar is not in everyone’s taste or budget, and can be substituted with salmon roe or simply left out all together.
Deviled Eggs with Herbs, Salmon and Osetra Caviar
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 tsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp chives, chopped
- 1 tsp tarragon, chipped
- 1 tsp dill chopped
- 1/4 cup smoked salmon, chopped
- sea salt, freshly ground white pepper
- chives, freshly chopped
- 12 dill sprigs
- 1 ounce Osetra Caviar
- Boil eggs, peel.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise and carefully remove yolks. Set whiles aside. In food processor combine yolks, mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, salmon and herbs. Season to taste with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Blend to combine until smooth.
- Fill pastry bag with yolk mixture and pipe into egg whites halves, filling to 1/2 inch over surface.
- Garnish with chives, dill sprigs and *caviar
Please print me, I am here for you to keep!
A very special thank you to Svitlana of Art de Fete for today’s content. You can find her entire Easter Dinner Menu (including the crab cakes ) here. ArtdeFete.com
Today’s cocktail is part of a series of 25 Celebratory Bubbly Cocktails at Saveur.com